September 24, 2010

Grape Ape and a look back at the 1970’s

Why am I thinking of the 70’s today? Maybe I miss the simple times. Maybe I need more oxygen to the brain. Do you remember where you were or what you were doing during the 70’s?

The Cartoons

.

The Grape Ape was a completely mindless piece of entertainment. Back then, I loved him. Now, I think the theme song could possibly cause a brain hemorrhage.

Droopy!  A canine classic. He was the happiest dog around, right?

Fun wear from the 70’s!

This was one of my favorite Tees.

Don’t forget the shoes! 

image

Source:Microsoft

Platform shoes! The wearable weapons.

And the big bells!

image

Source: Microsoft

What about Bell Bottoms? Some were way out there!

Music! This is a TRIP!  Loving some 70’s sounds!

This post was inspired by a dented mind and the fact that I just don’t get the cartoons that my kids watch, the choices they make in the clothing department or the music they are always plugged into enjoy. And it’s ok.

I encourage their creative differences and force them to go shopping. When it comes to the ear buds we have developed a communication plan. The plan is sort of a combination of sign language, charades (airline traffic controller), and a little hand to head contact!  It works for us!

So what moves you today? What’s your flavor?

 

inthe70s.com: Slang from the day! If you’re hip you’ll check it out!

sig1

No comments: